CoinMarketCap is a renowned name in the cryptocurrency space, and it helps users to track the pricing of crypto assets. The website was founded by Brandon Chez, in May 2013. It has grown up rapidly to become a trusted brand for dealing with cryptocurrencies. The progress of the website is evident from the reviews of users, institutions, media for comparing numerous cryptocurrencies, and widely cited the Bloomberg, CNBC and other popular media institutions.
The objective of the company is to make crypto available for all and empower the retail users by giving them accurate information about crypto-assets that includes market cap ranking, prices, charts and trade volumes of the last 24 hours or market capitalizations.
The Binance Capital Mgmt. acquired the CoinMarketCap in April 2020. It is a blockchain company that works globally behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by users and trading volume, which has a common mission to make crypto assets accessible to people of the world community.
CoinMarketCap offers a complete and summarized view of the data related to the major crypto assets with a price list, growth, and all related news about crypto. Users can set up an account on this platform to access the crypto assets in one place.
CoinMarketCap is now using Binance’s extensive resources to collect more in-depth research to bring high-quality data, or information to its users after the acquisition. The company believe in providing timely, unbiased and accurate information to the users.
Create An Account on CoinMarketCap
The users need to create an account on CoinMarketCap for using this platform for exploring the crypto-assets, and their prices. Go through the following guidelines:
- Firstly, visit the official website www.coinmarketcap.com.
- The homepage will open, locate the ‘Sign Up’ button at the top right corner.
- Secondly, click on the ‘Sign Up’ button, a pop up will display on the screen.
- To set up an account, enter your e-mail address.
- Enter the password of your choice and keep it safe.
- The password should have both letters and numbers, with at least 8 characters.
- Tick the box mentioning ‘Get a daily dose of CoinMarketCap, right to your inbox‘ to get notifications of important news.
- In the end, tap the ‘Create an account‘ button.
- Keep your login details safely for future reference.
How to Login CoinMarketCap?
Once you create an account on CoinMarketCap, you can log in to your account on any device. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the official web portal website www.coinmarketcap.com
- Tap on the login button.
- A pop up will display on the screen, where the user needs to enter login credentials.
- Enter your registered e-mail ID and Password carefully.
- Unable to sign in due to incorrect password, reset the password.
- Tap on the ‘Forgot password?‘, and set a new password.
- After successful login, you can access your CoinMarketCap account.
Note: The CoinMarketCap mobile app is available on both Android and iOS devices. Hence, users can also download the same on their mobile phones.
Eligibility to use CoinMarketCap
- To use the services of this website, the user should be at least 13 years old.
- One can use the service for personal and non-commercial use only.
- However, a separate legal agreement can be made for commercial use.
- If your account is terminated or banned, you can’t use the services of this website.
Addition of New Coins
The coin should have the following properties:
- The coin must be a cryptocurrency.
- It must have traded regularly on at least two exchanges,
- The coin must be traded publically.
- There should be a public URL that shows the total coins mined so far.
- Cryptocurrencies are traded on their exchange platforms. If an off-platform withdrawal is possible, the website may add the coin to its platform.
Benefits of using CoinMarketCap
- The users can access thousands of crypto assets with market capitalizations, price listing, and trade volume of the last 24 hours in one platform.
- User can create their account easily on the website.
- The users can create a portfolio to track the profits, losses and valuation of the portfolio.
- The mobile application for the CoinMarketCap is available in both App Store and Google Play Store.
- Once you create a portfolio, you can access the real-time price data, profit and loss. These are free services.
- It provides a secure platform where the data of the user is safe.
- Users can check most of the crypto assets on this platform, and there are more than 7000 cryptocurrencies are available.
- You will get the latest crypto news alerts daily.
- Users can explore the Trending Crypto, Biggest Gainers, and the coins recently added on the platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How to create an account on CoinMarketCap?
Answer: Go to the official portal www.coinmarketcap.com. Click on the ‘Sign up’ button. Enter your functional e-mail, and set up a password. Submit the details by tapping the ‘Create an account’ and an account will be created.
Question 2: Unable to log in to my account on CoinMarketCap?
Answer: The candidates need to enter the correct login credentials. Otherwise, the login attempt will fail. Be careful while entering the user ID and password. Also, ensure proper network availability. If you do not find the solution, contact customer support to fix the matter.
Question 3: I forgot my password, how to recover it?
Answer: Go to the login page of the website.Enter the e-mail address andtap the’Forgot password’ link. Now, you will receive a password recovery mail on the registered e-mail. Click on the given link and reset your password. Login to your account after the password reset.
Question 4: How do I purchase cryptocurrency?
Answer: CoinMarketCap enables users to examine the trading activities of thousands of crypto assets but, it does not directly sell any cryptocurrency. Users can analyze the market and cryptocurrencies, and accordingly, can purchase from other crypto exchanges.
Question 5: What is the difference between Coin and a Token on the CoinMarketCap?
Answer: Both Coin and Token are cryptocurrencies but, the coin can operate independently while Token depends on other crypto platforms to operate.